The Rossland FatBike Festival will be running alongside the Rossland Winter Carnival and will be held over 3 days. The intent of the event is to promote the sport of winter bike riding in Rossland and the Kootenay’s. The bike shops who participate will have an opportunity to promote fat bikes and related accessories to those who are new to the sport.
- Day One (January 30) 6pm – 9pm: A group ride will be organized and take part in the Rossland Winter Carnival Parade. The three local Kootenay bike shops will join in along with anyone else with a fat bike in the community. Following the parade, the group will head off for a quick ride around Rossland and finish up at one of local brew pubs where people can see the bikes close up. All bikes participating will require front and rear lights.
- Day Two (January 31) 10am – 2pm: Demo day at Red Mountain. The Kootenay bike shops participating will bring their demo bikes to give people an opportunity to test ride a fatbike.
- Day Three (February 1) 11am – 2pm: Revolution Cycles will be organizing a race on or near Red Mountain.
- Day One and Two: email@example.com
- FatBike Race on Day Three: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rossland Tourism
- Red Mountain
- Revolution Cycles
- Gerick’s Trail
- NRG Nelson
- Sacred Ride
- Live to Play Sports
- Oak Bay Bicycles
- Alpine Grind
- OSO Negro
- Rossland Beer Company
- Mountain Nugget Chocolate Company
- Kootenay Mountain Bike Coaching
- Rock Cut Pub
- Rossland Rotary